The vitality and passion and wakefulness of God




As I complete my time in Strasbourg, this Celtic prayer comes to mind

The vitality of God be mine this day,
the vitality of the God of life.
The passion of Christ be mine this day,
the passion of the Christ of love.
The wakefulness of the Spirit be mine this day,
the wakefulness of the Spirit of justice.
The vitality and passion and wakefulness
of God be mine
that I may be fully alive this day.
The vitality and passion and wakefulness of God
that I may be fully alive.

My hope for this time in France was that I could be of value to Mennonite World Conference in my volunteer role and also pay attention to my body, mind and soul. Even as I eagerly head toward home tomorrow, it's clear that this has been a rich time for me, full of looking inward and full of working outward.

In John 6, Jesus gives the 12 the opportunity to leave him and Peter replies, "to whom would we go...we've already committed ourselves.

As I look to the future, that's a bit how I feel. I don't know what the future will hold for me, six months from now, or a year or two years, but I do know that I've already committed myself to being involved in the life of the church. Where else would I go?

The vitality and passion and wakefulness of God be mine this day, and yours too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They welcomed us

God multiplies our efforts

A river of love